Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gel medium Image Transfer Canvas - 60th Birthday Gift


 This is a canvas I made for my mum, for her 60th birthday.  
I started out by gessoing the canvas and applying the laser printed picture onto the dried canvas face down with gel medium. I smoothed it out and then just let it dry overnight in order to transfer the photo onto the canvas - Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sib94a4XgvA for a tutorial. Note: since completing this canvas many more tutorials have come out stating that a toner based copy is not needed!

 Once the photo was revealed I proceeded to decorate my canvas with some stamping, adding some handmade flowers and embellishments as well as  package flowers and embellishments, gem flourishes, pearl trims, and to finish it off a piece of lace trim around the edge of the canvas.
 
♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: